[wtp-dev] Minutes of WTP Status Telecon, 2005-09-22

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Attendees:
Amy Wu
Arthur Ryman
Chris Brealey
David Williams
Jeffrey Liu
John Lanuti
Kathy Chan
Keith Chong
Kosta Komissarchik
Larry Dunnell
Nitin Dahyabhai
Phil Avery
Raghu Srinivasan
Sheila Sholars
Ted Bashor
Thomas Yip
Tim deBoer

Minutes

1. Review of Open Action Items [1] - Arthur Ryman

110309 enh P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW J2EE Sta [action] Add WTP 1.0 JST Component API Plan Items to Mas...
110308 enh P3 PC deboer@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Web Stan [action] Add WTP 1.0 WST Component API Plan Items to Mas...
110312 enh P3 PC ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ASSI website [action] Automatically Merge Bugzilla Work Items with XML...
110313 enh P3 PC ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ASSI website [action] Reorganize Milestone and Test Plans on Web Site ...
110314 enh P3 PC lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW website [action] Reorganize Tutorials on Web Site to Simplify Upd...

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=casesubstring&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Arthur - Actions items were reviewed. See Bugzilla for details.

2. WTP 0.7.1 Status - Jeffrey Liu

Jeffrey - We found a licencing problem with four WSDL 1.1 schemas. The schemas are not under W3C licence. I hereby request approval to remove them. See bug 108495. I have done testing but content assist in the WSDL editor fails.The cause is unknown.

Arthur - This has been agreed to by Tim Wagner. We need to do this to comply with Eclipse Foundation rules. Go ahead and remove them (add list them in our cache). Create another bug to track the content assist. When the fix is found we can assess it for inclusion in WTP 0.7.1.

[resolution] Bug 108495 is approved.

[action] Jeffrey to open a new bug for the WSDL content assist problem and discuss its approval in Bugzilla.

Jeffrey - The Eclipse 3.1.1 GM build is planned for Friday. JEM has declared its GM already. EMF has one remaining fix. GEF 0914 is the GM candidate. I propose to wait for Friday to do our WTP 0.7.1 candidate build and testing and then promote it to our GM.

Arthur - How long is the test period?

Jeffrey - Until Thursday, then we declare the GM.

David - I agree except we should not plan to do our build on same day as Eclipse. We should do our build Monday. There is one bug (110195) for WTP 0.7.1 on content assist in JSP Java. We need to investigate. It is stop ship if this is a regression. I can't reproduce in my development environment. We should be ready with a fix by Monday. Also, we are still building with the Eclipse 3.1 compiler. We should move to Eclipse 3.1.1.

Jeffrey - I move up the compiler today.

[resolution] Build the WTP 0.7.1 candidate on Monday, test, and declare on Friday.

3. WTP 1.0 M8 Status - David Williams

David - See my recent note on cleanup actions for M8.We have a lot of open bugs targetted to M8. If they are not fixed, change the target to unspecified or M9. Of the open ones, 8 are blocking or critical. We shouldn't just move them to another target.

Arthur - Let's review the blockers now.

We reviewed blockers, criticals, and P1's and recorded updates in Bugzilla. We have 3 real blockers that need to be resolved: 110229, 110265, 109758. We have 2 bugs that need investigation: 108671, 106625.

Tim - I am concerned about the quality of M8 since we have seen 3 major performance fixes in the last few days.

Arthur - With 3 new fixes going in, are we giving people enough time for testing?

Tim - I'll be able to test tomorrow morning.

[action] Tim to assess quality of fixes tomorrow.

Lawrence - I will get feedback on one fix within an hour and then release it.

Arthur - Tomorrow, silence will be deemed to by consent to ship M8. Raise objections by noon tomorrow if you have an objection.

[action] All component teams to test tomorrow's build and raise objections by noon.

4. WTP Features and Subsystems Status [1] - David Williams

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/subsystems/SubsystemsAndFeatures.html

David - I have received comments and will roll up the changes into the document. I will be meeting with Chris to discuss the proposed Web services Features. I propose we go with this for WTP 1.0. In two weeks we should have the first implementation with any problematic dependencies moved up. Then we can assess the effort to correct problem dependencies.

5. Flexible Project Development Status - Chuck Bridgham or delegate

David - Chuck is away and requested that we defer discussion until next week.

6. Project Facets Development Status -Konstantin Komissarchik

Konstantin - I am wrappiing the implementation of the runtime interfaces, etc. I need to rename the code from Features to Facets.

Arthur - What is the UI term to be used?

Konstantin - We will avoid using any term if possible, but will use Facet if necessary.

Ted - When will it be in the build?

Kostantin - I'll shoot for Monday or Tuesday.

7. Other Business - Open

Arthur - Congratulations to Konstantin on becoming a committer!

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411