[wtp-dev] Proposal for WTP 0.7.1 GM

We are getting really close to the WTP 0.7.1 release. I would like to propose the following plan for our WTP 0.7.1 GM driver. I've consulted our prereqs on their plans to declare a GM driver for their maintenance releases. Here is their status:

Eclipse - There will be an Eclipse build this Friday (Sept. 23). This is the "planned" GM driver. No more fixes are suppose to go in after this build, unless of course a blocker comes up.

JEM - Declared already (JEM v1.1.0.1)

EMF - They have one fix left. They need to respin their build with the translated property files. They need to do this because EMF has this standalone mode where NL support cannot be extended via NL fragments. This change should not affect WTP at all, and it should be done either Thursday or Friday.

GEF - They are pretty much done. Chance are, they are going to rename their latest M20050914 build to GM. Important thing is, they don't have anymore fixes going in.

I think we should respin WTP when the Eclipse driver is available on Friday and call that our RC build. We do testing on that build. If test results look good and our prereqs do not put in any other fixes, we'll just rename our RC build to GM. For teams who have done the testing already, as long as the tests were carried out using the latest maintenance drivers from our prereqs, then I think a quick sanity test is sufficient. Let's discuss this in Thursday's status call. Thanks for your attention.

Jeff

Back to the top