Re: [wtp-dev] plugins as jars

The following is a list of plugins that I have a dependency on that are not yet packaged as jars. It would simplify my Maven based build infrastructure to see these packaged as jars.

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb
org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core
org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore
org.eclipse.jem.util
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee
org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core
org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.ui

These plugins contain multiple runtime jars, but I don't think contain third party jars so these I would think would be doable as well but with a little more work.

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core
org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks

Jeffrey Liu wrote:

I agree, we probably don't want to single jar plug-ins that have third party content in them. However, for the plug-ins that do not have third party content and can be single jarred, we should do it simply because of performance reasons. Although the theme of WTP 1.0 is API, performance is also very high on the priority list. I'll start opening bugs against plug-ins that are not single jarred. Sachin, thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

*Sachin Patel <sppatel2@xxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/26/2005 11:10 AM
Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	Re: [wtp-dev] plugins as jars

Yep :) I was asking this question in hopes of making things easier when
trying to build with Maven.  I don't need all plugins as jars, only the
ones I depend on.  (As to which, I don't have a generated list yet...
but I will soon.).

So as far as building with Maven, have you or anyone heard success
stories in doing this?

Thanks.

I'm not sure which or how many depenencies are no