Re: [wtp-dev] I-build ready for testing

The test failures for the cache and the XML validator were due to problems in the test suite and not problems with the respective tools. I've corrected the tests and released the changes. These failures should be fixed in the next build.

For those interested, the failing tests try to access an invalid resource at eclipse.org (to test how these tools handle the failure). eclipse.org recently changed the way 404 pages are returned (they are now returned as 302 Redirect pages - see bug 108629) so the behaviour of these tests changed as well.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/01/2005 03:45 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] I-build ready for testing

The latest I-build has a few JUnit failures that Lawrence is looking into, but it is ready for a
quick "smoke tests" by all the interested teams.

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/I-I20050901-200509012031/

It is especially important this week to make sure relatively stable, as next week we'll begin making
larger API related changes and changes in the build process (so, important to have a
relatively stable I-build for continued development).

As always, our process relies on all teams pro-actively testing and ensuring the integrity of each weekly
build, and to speak up if a re-build is needed. If this pro-active approach is found to not work (e.g.
adopters report major failings after we declared I-build, then a more laborous QA process

will be required ... so, please ... , continue to be proactive and produce good I-builds as we have been.

If I hear no complaints, this I-build (hopefully with tests fixed) will be declared Friday at noon.
I realize some of the teams are on holiday on Friday, and even more on Monday ... so, I appreciate

your efforts to squeeze in this request.