[wtp-dev] cleanup of component pages

I'd like to suggest an immediate clean up of our component pages at

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components.html, and
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components.html

Each component there should have these three and only these three links, in this order,
with these words:

Overview
Current Milestone Plan
Current Test Plan

(I know that sounds bossy, but the idea is these links are then part of our
"website API" having reliable links with changing, but current information).
In fact, I'm sure there's a web programmer among us who can suggest
a "redirect" link so that the "website api link" can literally be fixed and never changing,
and then we only have to change re-direct part to redirect to current one.

The "old" milestones docs should stay on webserver, but do not need to
be linked from anywhere.

All the tutorials that are currently there should be removed and if/when appropriate
moved to some "end user" page, if they are not already part of the "docs".
Let's leave this "components page" for
adopters and add-on providers.Lawrence has accepted the
task of organizing an "end user" area, if he hasn't already, I'm sure we'll
be hearing directions from him soon, which are in docs, which are not, etc.

This will be phase 1. During phase 2, at some point in future, we'll
standardize more on the "overview" link. (but I'm all for incremental
improvements :) But .,..let's set 9/8 as 'due date' and if anyone can
not do by then, please let me know.

Back to the top