Re: [wtp-dev] "jst.utility" module type.

John,

I can assure you the "jst.utility" module type is still very much alive.  I believe what you are referring to as disappeared is the wizard
for creating default flexibile java projects?  In WTP 1.0, you can just create a regular java project, then if you want to add it an ear or
a web module as a utility, you just use the new project properties page.  This will make the java project a jst.utility typed component and
add the reference to the target web module or EAR.   We are not planning to change the module types list in WTP 1.0 from 0.7.  The only
change will be to add support for static "wst.web" project creation.

StructureEdit is internal and should not be used by clients.  Clients should use the Virtual Component and Artifact Edit API.

Hope that helps,

John Lanuti
Software Engineer, IBM Rational
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

"I know this lady way down in my country.
She is so pretty that my eyes throw disguises at me.
Now we will sit and we'll wonder about our future,
But now I'm thinking that today sounds fine to me."  - Of A Revolution

"John O'Shea" <john.oshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/23/2005 11:02 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] "jst.utility" module type.

Can anyone explain why the the "jst.utility" moduleType exension
disappeared in M6?  The concept of plain Java 'utility' modules seems
quite useful to us here at Cape Clear.

If the concept has been permanently removed, can someone provide a
rationale - I know this whole part of WTP will be heavily refactored
post M7, but it is a little unclear to me how much of the existing
approach will be preserved.  e.g. will the StructuredEdit model survive,
and if so, how many module types will WTP provide 'out-of-the-box'?

Any pointers/info much appreciated...

John.