Fw: [wtp-dev] WTP FAQ updated

Hi,

I've created an overall New and Noteworthy document (including a Known Problem section) for WTP 0.7 with sections for WST and JST components (similar to the layout for a similar document in WTP 0.7M5).  It's at:

http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/0.7.html

Currently, only the Web services section under the JST component is filled in and the link to the other components are commented out.  Please fill in the links to your components' New and Noteworthy (or Known Problem document).

I've also added a question:

What is New and Noteworthy since 0.7M5 and what are the known problems?

to the FAQ.

Kathy Chan
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920

----- Forwarded by Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM on 15/08/2005 10:34 AM -----
Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/08/2005 06:35 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] WTP FAQ updated

Kathy,

Having one "known problems for 0.7" question with a link to a known problems page sounds like a good idea. I know you said you already have a Web services new and noteworthy page ready to go. Can you create an overall new and noteworthy page and add a question to the FAQ? Let me know if you don't have time and I'll take care of this.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/12/2005 05:00 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] WTP FAQ updated

Hi Lawrence,

Is the FAQ supposed to be where the Known Problems of the various WTP components be listed?  In previous WTP milestones, we have a New and Noteworthy document for the milestone pointing to the various WTP components.  The known problems of the various components were listed in those documents.  I don't see such a document listed for WTP 0.7.  Are we supposed to use the FAQ for that?  May be we could have a question such as "What are the known problems?" and then point to the known problems of the various components (which are updated by the component teams) with bugzilla numbers for those interested in tracking when the bugs are fixed?

Kathy Chan
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/08/2005 01:29 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] WTP FAQ updated

I've updated the WTP FAQ page. The page now contains more answers for user questions and is broken down by component to allow easier browsing of the answers. As well, the page is now generated from an XML file.

When answering questions on the newsgroup, if you think the answer is generally applicable please add it to the FAQ. (If you don't have commit access to the repository please open a bug against the FAQ component, include the question and answer, and it will be added for you.) This will allow others to reference the FAQ for future newsgroup postings rather than repeating the same answers over and over and hopefully, in time, will reduce the number of simple questions asked on the newsgroup and allow our users to quickly get the answers they need.

Thanks,