[wtp-dev] Maintenance and head builds

As you may have noticed, we have started our builds again. The latest build tagged: I-I20050809-200508090852 at http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/I-I20050809-200508090852, is a 0.7 maintenance stream build. Currently download site does not differentiate between the maintenance stream I-Builds and main stream I-Builds but we should fix that soon.

We will continue builds on two branches
1) HEAD (R1.0) - This is the default for everyone
2) R0_7_maintenance.         (R0.7.1)

From now on, please make sure that when you release code to WTP, make sure that you use the releng/maps in the proper branch. Here some best practices:

1) Do not branch your code unless you absolutely need to, remember builds work with tags from maps. Your code will get picked up from another branch build even if it is not on that branch.

2) To release your code into a branch, tag your code as usual, load the "releng" from that branch and release you code into the map file in this branch. That is it.

3) Only maps (releng , releng-docs) and builders (releng.builder) are branched now. If you need to branch any other component, get the approval of the component owner and the project lead.

--
Naci Dai,
eteration a.s. Inonu cad. Sumer sok. Zitas D1-15

Back to the top