[wtp-dev] Agenda for WTP Status Telecon, 2005-07-28

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Time: 9:00 PM EEST (Istanbul), 2:00 PM EDT (Toronto/Raleigh), 11:00 AM PDT (Seattle)

Toronto Dial-in number: +1-416-343-2604
Toll-free Dial-in number: +1-866-576-2504
Intl Dial-in number: 800-4444-3030
Information: +1-866-224-5844

Conference id: 9976929

Agenda

1. Approval of Minutes - Arthur Ryman

Are there any corrections to last week's minutes? [1]

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg02144.html

2. RC5 Status - Tim Wagner

All component leads should be prepared to discuss RC5. Are there any more stop-ship defects? At present we have no unresolved P1 bugs [2].

Can we declare RC5 as WTP 0.7 Final? Recall the Endgame Rampdown Plan [1]:

Additional RCs as directed by PMC:

  • P1 only can be addressed
  • Component lead and PMC must approve all changes
  • All changes communicated to wtp-dev mailing list

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg02018.html

[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Web+Tools&priority=P1&version=0.7

3. Review of Open Action Items - Arthur Ryman

Refer to Bugzilla [1].

105217 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx NEW website [action] Bug queries include remind and later bugs
105219 nor P3 PC lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Web Stan [action] Clean up open defects targetted for 0.7
105221 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx NEW releng [action] Jeff to test the update manager for RC2
102763 nor P3 PC ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.serv [action] All Component Owners to Add Rationale to Defered...
102767 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW J2EE Sta [action] All Component Owners to Ask Reporters to Verify ...
103698 nor P3 PC david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW wst.sse [action] All WTP Developers Should Verify Their Resolved ...

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

4. WTP 0.7 Maintenance Stream - Jeffrey Liu

We currently have NL defects that will prevent some products from adopting WTP 0.7. We have been requested to created a maintenance stream for NL defects only. Strict change control will be enforced.

5. WTP 1.0 Kickoff - Arthur Ryman

Enough relaxing! Time to kickoff WTP 1.0. The theme of this release is promotion of provisional APIs to platform status. We need to complete Javadocs and test coverage. Limit API changes to problems reported by adopters. The Flexible Project API is a special case. Chuck Bridgham will schedule some design reviews. Here is the milestone plan [1]:

  • 1.0 M8: September 23, 2005
  • 1.0 M9: November 18, 2005
  • 1.0 M10 Final: December 16, 2005

We need to decide on an API Freeze date.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/planning/roadmap.html

6. Status Meeting Schedule  - Arthur Ryman

Status meetings will be suspended during August. You the mailing lists to communicate status and resolve issues. If you need a telecon, request on via this mailing list .

7. Other Business - Open

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077