Re: [wtp-dev] Problem - the selected version is not supported by the server

Shawn,

The reason you are seeing this error message is the ejb version that you are creating is not supported by the server that you have setup. You need to have the right sever version that is compatible to the ejb version you are creating.

Regards, Vijay
Vijay Bhadriraju
Rational Tools, J2EE Tooling
Ph: (919) 486-1898, T/L: 526-1898
Internet: vbhadrir@xxxxxxxxxx

Shawn Zhang <xiong_s_zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/27/2005 07:30 PM

Please respond to "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
bcc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Problem - the selected version is not supported by the        server

Hi,

I am a new user for eclipse WTP. When I tried to follow the tutorial to create an simple session bean, I got a problem. Since I use WTP 07RC3 and Eclipse 3.1 SDK, I can not have the exactly UI as the tutorial "Building a Simple EJB Application". However, the functionality is similar. I already finished the section - Installing The JBoss and XDoclet Runtimes In Eclipse. When I created EJB, I clicked File->New->Other->EJB->EJB Project / Enterprise JavaBean (I tried both, resp.). I was prompted to key in project name. When I did so, I got error

 "The selected version is not supported by the server"

 on the 'New EJB Project' dialogue window.

The following are what I have tried.
1. Installing JBoss3.2.3 and specifying it as the sole server (Windows->Preferences->Server...)
2. Installing JBoss4.0.2 and specifying it as the sole server (Windows->Preferences->Server..)
3. Installing Weblogic8.1 and specifying it as the sole server.

Of course I already solved the issue with JBoss4.0.2 by following the instruction posted on this mailing list (I found it). But I can't find any message related to my the problem, "the selected version is not supported by the server". I don't know if it is my configuration problem. So I post this message and appreciate any help from anyone. Thanks.

Shawn

Yahoo! Mail
Stay connected, organized, and protected.
wtp-dev mailing list
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx