Re: [wtp-dev] WTP update site

Hi Nitin,

As far as I know, GEF, JEM (VE) and EMF are all available from the main Eclipse update site, so end users should not need to manually configure another stie in their update manager.

http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.0/site.xml

If you take the Eclipse 3.1 driver, click Help > Software updates > Find and Install... > the second radio button > Next > Select Eclipse.org update site > Finish > OK. GEF, JEM and EMF should all show up.

Jeff

Nitin Dahyabhai <nitind@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/21/2005 06:24 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] WTP update site

Jeffrey Liu wrote:
> We'll need an update site when WTP 0.7 goes out the door.
In the weekly call you asked whether to not to have a separate WTP
Update Site or to attempt to provide our Releases through the main
Eclipse.org site.  While I agree with the decision to contribute to
the main site, how will the dependencies for GEF and JEM be
resolved?  They're on a different site and even if cross-site
dependencies are resolvable, won't that require users to add the GEF
and JEM update sites to their configuration manually?

--
- Nitin