Re: [wtp-dev] Deferring bugs

BTW .. P4 this is not required for all bugs which will not be in this release, right?  just any "major" or "criticial" or "blocking" ones, right?. [It would do no harm, if that's how a team uses their 'Priority' field, but I do not think that's a WTP convention. The main convention to mark as "not in .7 release" is to just be sure the version and milestone targets are not set. I know for some of us this is a change in mind-set to say what we WILL do instead of what we WON'T do  -- I guess it doesn't sound good to say the default is "won't" :)  but the reality is, there's not much more we can do. What I do in bugzilla  ... which, I know, doesn't make it right ... is if its something I think should still be *investigated* for .7 is to mark it as a P2, otherwise, my queries know to "ignore" things of P3 with no release or target milestone set (which are not blocking critical or major).

 And remember, your own custom, stored, or bookmarked bugzilla queries are your friend :)

Jeffrey Liu <jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/13/2005 03:40 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Deferring bugs

Some of you pinged me about how to defer bugs..... To defer a bug, change its priority to P4 and add a comment to it indicating why it is being deferred.

Thanks,

Jeff