Re: [wtp-dev] Status on RC1 build - assuming delayed 24 hours.

David,

Agreed. We have inadequate time for testing today. Also, Chris said he needed more time for fixes. Let's reset the clock by 1 day.

Chris - go ahead and release your fixes today.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/13/2005 11:13 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Status on RC1 build - assuming delayed 24 hours.

Since I have not heard from Naci or Lawrence on cause or potential solutions to the build hangs, I have backed out to the previous version of resolver.cache
to attempt to revert the "dialog popup" issues until those can be solved.

However, since the earliest this build would be available (even if this attempt works) is 1 PM Eastern, I do not think it is a quality process to then expect team leads to
test and vote by 4 PM as originally planned.

In short, I am assuming RC1 is delayed by at least 24 hours (4 PM Thursday) as we work through these build issues (and collect photos of comitters in clown noses :)

[P.S. I did just hear from Lawrence, and he believes the previous version which is building now should get past the hang problem -- then we'll see what else pops up (I couldn't resist that pun :) ]