[wtp-dev] It's that time again

And what time is that you might ask?  Why, time to put together this
milestone's New and Noteworthy documents, of course!

I've placed a preliminary M5 page at
http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/0.7M5.html and will link the
main N&N index to it when we actually declare M5.  I'd like to make a
change in our format so that pages are assembled for each component and
not for each team.  For example, SSE has individual pages for the CSS,
DTD, JSP, and SSE components instead of a set of pages for everything
contributed by the SSE team.  Accordingly, since no visible changes were
made to the HTML component, it won't have a page this time around.

I'd like for component teams to prepare any pages they want by the time we
declare M5 and try to follow the same format as the Eclipse SDK's pages
(the SSE pages are relatively easy to rework as well).  Try to take your
screenshots using the default appearance for whichever SDK-supported O.S.
you prefer.  This is essentially end-user documentation.  Keep the
audience in mind and remember that if the end user doesn't see anything
new and different, it's likely not a candidate for mentioning.  The same
goes for bug-fixes to existing function.  Don't worry about linking in
between components right now--there will be a lot of churn just putting
the pages together so I'll handle it at the same time as I update the main
N&N page.

I know that it's a lot to ask while we're all testing and squashing the
last of our bugs, but this is one of the first things users see when
looking at our platform and it's our earliest chance to wow them with what
we've been working on for the past couple of months.  Besides, with the
Million Download Challenge going on, they might want some reading material
while they're downloading WTP.

---
Nitin Dahyabhai

Back to the top