Re: [wtp-dev] Details on M5 changes..

Hi Raghu,

The item in our M5 plan  'Structural builder moving to publish task',(Which is still in progress) refers to our intention of removing any assembly steps
within the conmponent project before the user intends to "publish"  to a specific server.  All java compilation will will continue to work normally, but the additional
work of "copying" metadata, and other non-java files to their runtime locations, is deferred to publish time, and also assembled outside the project(in the server metadata directory).
This also gives the ability to skip this step entirely if the runtime supports it.
Tim Deboer (and team) are doing most of this work, and we are providing api required - This will be in M5, so stay tuned.

Yes the server features are planned for 1.0, and this is a shift from "server targets" on a project/component.....
In terms of a detailed 1.0 milestone plan - these are not completed yet, but should be available before R0.7

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

"RAGHUNATHAN SRINIVASAN" <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/16/2005 06:23 PM

Please respond to
"raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx" and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Details on M5 changes..

I am looking for more information on the change in M5 called, 'Structural builder moving to publish task', that was discussed in today's(6/16) Architecture Component Open House and also  in the following url:

http://eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components/j2ee/M5/milestone_plan.html

Also, is the enhancement, http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/proposals/Component_Feature_Proposal.html

still planned for Release 1.0?

In general, how do we find out details of planned changes and when those changes will be taking place.

Thanks
wtp-dev mailing list
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx