RE: [wtp-dev] Remote Server Support

Alright! :-)

Thomas

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:14 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Cc: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.; wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] Remote Server Support

Thomas,

Yes, I believe we cited both JSR 77 and JSR 88 in our plans. We need to start making progress on those.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Thomas Yip" <tyip@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/16/2005 08:06 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [wtp-dev] Remote Server Support

For deployment, I think “JSR 88: J2EE Application Deployment” is the way to go.

It defines a standard way of deploy/undeploy/start/stop an application. Looking at the expert groups, the momentum is there.
However, I haven’t heard many vendors have implemented them in their release version. When it is ready, we certainly want to help on getting the control and ui in WTP.

I believe debugging and profiling support doesn’t require much modification.

I am not sure there is a defacto way of using JMX for remote starting and stopping of server. Maybe the assumption is that the server is always up and running during the development.

Thomas