[wtp-dev] Agenda for WTP Status Telecon, 2005-06-16

Time: 9:00 PM EEST (Istanbul), 2:00 PM EDT (Toronto/Raleigh), 11:00 AM PDT (Seattle)

Toronto Dial-in number: +1-416-343-2604
Toll-free Dial-in number: +1-866-576-2504
Intl Dial-in number: 800-4444-3030
Information: +1-866-224-5844

Conference id: 9976929

Agenda

1. Review of Open Action Items

1.1 2005-06-09 [ACTION] Arthur will get WTP 1.0 M8, M9, and M10 targets added to Bugzilla.

1.2 2005-06-09 [ACTION] TimW will propose a change notification policy.

1.3 2005-06-06 [ACTION] Arthur will request a new mailing list and CVS commit notifications.

2. WTP 1.5 Milestones Proposal [1]

The PMC has proposed the following dates:

1.5 M1 - 2006-02-24
1.5 M2 - 2006-04-21

1.5 M3 - 2006-06-16

1.5 M4 - 2006-07-14 (end game)

3. Bug Handling Process Proposal

We need to establish a WTP process for handling bugs. Here's a strawman proposal:

a) Automatic email notifications will be send out once a week to anyone who reported a bug that is waiting to be verified. See [2] for an example.  Developers should then close the verified bugs. We will review the unverified and unclosed  bugs weekly and take corrective action for old bugs.

b) Component owners should reassign bugs that are currently assigned to an inbox id. We will review the inboxes weekly and take corrective action for old bugs.

c) Bugs should be accurately targetted. If the target is known, assign it. Otherwise leave it as unspecified to avoid raising false hopes. We will review the bugs assigned to the current release weekly. Also, any major bugs that are not targetted to the current release should have a good rationale for being defered.

d) We will review the major bugs targetted to the current release weekly.

e) Defer fixing internal API violations to WTP 1.0 M8 since the focus of WTP 0.7 is end-user tools.

f) Defer most other non-user impact fixes to at least WTP M8.

Jeffrey has posted a Web page that contains the Bugzilla queries we need to review the status. [3]

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg01864.html
[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/wtp-dev/msg01870.html
[3] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/bugs/bugs.html

Arthur Ryman,