Re: [wtp-dev] [reminder] Key M5 Dates

Arthur,
Given the switch in version numbers, are we now working on what should be
referred to as 0.7M5?.  Calling the first post-0.7 milestone 1.0M7
prevents any confusion with the 1.0M1 that's already out there (unless we
plan to rename all of the prior milestone builds, pages, and documents).
With 1.1 we would still go back to an M1.

---
Nitin Dahyabhai

Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/07/2005 12:04 PM
Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] [reminder] Key M5 Dates

Chuck,

WTP 0.7 stops at M6 = Final. WTP 1.0 will only have a few milestones. What
are M7, etc for?

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/07/2005 10:55 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] [reminder] Key M5 Dates

Hi,

This clasification requires us to have M7,M8,M9 in the target milestone
fields... Can we plan to add that soon?

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/07/2005 10:04 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[wtp-dev] [reminder] Key M5 Dates

We are now entering the home stretch. This note is a reminder of the key
dates. We have less than two months to complete WTP 0.7. I am sure that
everyone wants to produce the highest possible quality for our first
release. We must therefore assess our status and make decisions about what
we can contain and what we need to defer.

We are planning to release M5 on July 1. Our shutdown phase will therefore
begin after the June 17 I-build. This means that all function targetted
for M5 must be committed prior to June 17. After June 17, we will be
focusing on stabilizing M5. Only critical and blocking fixes should be
made after June 17.

In preparation for M5 shutdown, component leads should ensure that all
bugs are correctly classified.

Post M5, we will enter the endgame for WTP 0.7. More details will follow.