[wtp-dev] Recommendations for unit testing

Hi all,

I am hoping to add some unit tests to the new cactus support in the JST, however it isn’t clear to me if there are standard practices (other than using junit) for testing WTP. I have looked at the testing documents on the site and browsed through some existing tests, but I could use a few pointers. The cactus code is highly dependant on the existence of the various Eclipse and WTP frameworks upon which it is built. Without that infrastructure, the tests will be pretty thin. For example, without an ICompilationUnit to adapt to a URL, you really don’t have much to test. Is there a strategy most of you use for situations like this? Any pointers would be appreciated. And if there is enough information I can aggregate into additional documentation, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks,

Dan

Back to the top