[wtp-dev] Re: EJB3.0 alignment with WTP

Shaun,

I'd like to formally welcome you and Oracle to WTP. I am cc'ing our dev list. As Naci already mentioned, you should subscribe to this.

I suggest you start by reviewing our proposed J2EE model API. The EJB 3.0 work should extend that. We are currently in our M5 milestone and we are actively seeking feedback on all our proposed APIs. Chuck Bridgham is the J2EE model component lead.

I also suggest that you participate in our Requirements Group which is led by Jochen Krause (it meets Tuesdays 12-1pm EDT). We are planning our follow-on releases now and it would be good if we factored in the EJB 3.0 project.

FYI, we are planing to begin holding development status telecons now that the team is expanding. These will probably be held on Thursdays at either 4pm or 5pm EDT. I'll cc you when they are confirmed.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

Shaun Smith <shaun.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>

05/19/2005 12:55 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "Naci Dai (E-mail)" <naci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Hauge Neil <NEIL.HAUGE@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
EJB3.0 alignment with WTP

Hi Arthur, Naci,

    We haven't been introduced so let me do that.  My name is Shaun Smith and I'm the co-author of Oracle's EJB 3.0 Plugin proposal along with Neil Hauge, the proposal tech lead.

    I'm writing to ask for some info to help us get more involved with the WTP project.  Can you tell me what WTP meetings are upcoming?  Neil and I would like to attend future meetings so we can meet the participants and learn more about the WTP, its roadmap, and how we can better align the EJB3.0 plugin work with the WTP.  I checked the WTP page on Eclipse.org and couldn't find a schedule so I guess it's only distributed to project participants.  Can I get myself and Neil added to the WTP mailing list?

  Thanks for your help,

        Shaun

Shaun Smith
Principal Product Manager