Re: [wtp-dev] Updating drivers

Thanks very much Jeffrey ... sounds like their web page is not perfectly up to date.
Based on your research, I'm fine with updating.

David

Jeffrey Liu <jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2005 10:59 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Updating drivers

Hi David and Naci,

There was a breaking EMF change in early April. JEM 1.1 M1 includes the fix for this breaking change. According to the VE lead, EMF seems to be compatible with the VE code base since the breaking change. In fact, they have ran smoke tests against VE 1.1 M1 on top of EMF 0505 and found no problems. AFAIK, EMF 0505 should be in good shape and their smoke tests ran fine on that driver. So, moving up sounds pretty safe to me.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2005 03:49 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Updating drivers

Naci ... unless you know something I don't, its JEM we use, not all of VE.
And, yes, you're right, they do have an official "M" build now for JEM,

JEM-SDK-1.1M1.zip
(we'd want SDK version for our SDK version, but the Runtime
version for our Runtime-only version)

But, I might added, it still lists

EMF build I200504141117

as its "pre-req" ... so, unless you
know of reaons why EMF update is needed,
or, know for sure EMF update is ok with JEM M1.
Then perhaps we shouldn't tempt fate with
EMF update?

Perhaps others on list are more knowledgable,
or, perhaps you could contact leads of JEM and EMF
and ask them their advice?

David

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2005 03:12 AM

Please respond to
naci.dai and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Updating drivers

For this weeks I-Build, we propose to update to the following new drivers:

EMF - I200505050300
GEF - S-3.1M6-200504121127  (same as before)
VE -   S-1.1M1-200504251532

If you have concerns please voice them before wednesday.

Thanks