Re: [wtp-dev] [Action] Some APIs are using non-API types

Jeffrey,

Thx for tracking these API defects. I suggest we let the owners fix these next week. If any of these violations remain after that (5/16), please open Bugzilla bugs to track them.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/03/2005 11:28 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] [Action] Some APIs are using non-API types

Hi component leads,

The latest API progress report show that some of our APIs have dependency on non-API types. For example, a method API returns a non-API type. These APIs cannot be deemed as APIs because of such dependency. We need to clean them up. I suggest we either say they are not APIs or we modify them so that they do not extend/implement/return/input/throw non-APIs. Please review the report and take necessary actions.

To view the report, open:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/S-1.0M4-200504292037/apitools/api-progress.html

and click on:

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920