RE: [wtp-dev] EAR cannot be added to a Server

Hi Yip, Brad,

Please check out bug 93775 as well. We recently ran into the same problem while building some of our own plugins. The return type of the IEnterpriseApplication.getModules() method should really be an IModule instead (so that the caller can use the IModule or easily convert to IJ2EEModule), and we'd like to push this change through shortly.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Brad Blancett <blancett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/05/2005 07:50 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] EAR cannot be added to a Server

Yip,

To aid the webservice team at the end of M4, I created a FlexibleProjectServerUtil that returns IJ2EEModules/IModules for a given workbenchcomponent. Currently the EnterpriseApplicatonDeployable.getModules() returns the IJ2EEModules leveraging this util.  If get the IModules obtain the workbench component from the project and call into the util.

If you have any questions or need extra function please open a defect.

Thanks,

Brad Blancett
Rational J2EE Tooling
Tie  3-2650
External 919-543-2650

"Thomas Yip" <tyip@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/05/2005 05:07 AM
Please respond to "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."