[wtp-dev] M4 Schedule Reset to 4/29

We're getting very close to releasing M4 thanks to everyone's hard work. However, the PMC reviewed M4 status today and decided to extend the schedule by one week for the following reasons:

1. The builds have not produced a suitable M4 candidate yet. We therefore do not have enough time to perform adequate end-to-end testing this week.

2. Yesterday we received legal approval from the Eclipse Foundation to redistribute some third party content. The approved content should be integrated into the build in order to simplify the installation and configuration of WTP. This is important since we received a lot of negative feedback on the complexity of installing M3.

3. Some function has regressed from M3 due to API changes. These regressions should be improved to the extent possible during this week.

We all want M4 to be high quality and suitable for end user testing. This extra week will help us achieve that.

We would like to hold the dates for M5 and the WTP 1.0 Final Release.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411