Re: [wtp-dev] Our march to M4

I guess we both made independent schedule plans.  Which one should we keep?

At 07:55 PM 4/15/2005, you wrote:

Given our status, plans and goals for M4, there's the general plan for builds/testing for the next little while.

The main goal is to have a Milestone quality build by Tuesday morning so we, and community, can
have several days to test for any show-stopping defects.

We'll change cruise control to do "continuous" I-builds for the next several days, following the usual
schedule of 11 PM, 8:30 AM, and 3:30 PM (EDT).  And, please remember, there's roughly a 15 minute
lag between extssh commits and pserver fetches .. so commit/release early !

Teams with large renames/refactorings still to do should work directly with effect teams, and plan a time
that teams can respond before next scheduled I-build and all have a coordinated "release" of changes,
or I-build will fail miserably and do no one any good.

Teams should "continuously" be picking up I-builds, sniff testing, and making sure blocking/critical fixes.
are resolved.

From talking to EMF and JEM team leads, the version of EMF we should use for this milestone
is
EMF I20050414117
we'll try and get that in today's 3:30 build.

and JEM I20050415xxxx, to be created later today,
we'll get that in Saturday's builds.

(no substantial changes are expected, but we should use a coordinated "stable" version
to be reproducible and to report bugs against ... both these teams say they are not really
producing "M" builds of these packages, but these are based on M6, and JEM will be based on 0414 EMF.

I believe the GEF pre-req has already been fixed, and will be in today's 3:30 build.

Naci or Ozgur .. can you check if we can capture and upload "console log" from JUnit tests ....
that might be helpful is detecting problems.

Thanks all.

Naci Dai,

eteration a.s.
Inonu cad. Sumer sok. Zitas D1-15