Re: [wtp-dev] Goal: Show EMF Resource contents as subtree in Workbench Navigator.

Saurabh,

From what I see, it is more a part of the J2EE Navigator. But has hooks into CommonNavigator somehow.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/wst/components/common/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.common.navigator.views/schema/emfEnablement.exsd?cvsroot=WebTools_Project

After some digging, here is what I think is a strong example of its usage in the J2EE navigator

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/jst/components/j2ee/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.navigator.ui/plugin.xml?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=WebTools_Project&content-type=text/xml
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/jst/components/j2ee/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice.ui/plugin.xml?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=WebTools_Project&content-type=text/xml

From what I understand the Common Navigator has some default handlers for EMF.

Is there anyone you can recommend I talk with about this design and how to approach using it?

Thanks again ,
-Mark Diggory

Saurabh Agarwal wrote:

Hi,
You can use to enable on EObject instead of using emfEnablement. The common workbench navigator does not know about the EMF and hence the emfEnablement is not part of the Common Navigator. What u could do is enable on eobject in the <enablement> section

<objectClass
                name="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject">
</objectClass>

thanks