[wtp-dev] Server component

Is the wst.server component intended for use for things other than web and application servers? For example, database servers, business intelligence servers, and so on. I took a look at it but the concept of publishing and models seems pretty well entrenched in the API and user interface. What I needed was something that could monitor server health, remember connection passwords, start and stop servers, and provide a naming service for other tools that need to connect to a server (so every tool doesn't have to have its own define server command and server list).

Back to the top