Re: [wtp-dev] More Renames for Common navigator in HEAD

Is the common navigator planned to always have the dependency on JEM and JDT? Or are there efforts to factor this out into the JST? I notice there are a number of dependencies that are a little weak. Such as dependency on a "Logger" class in JEM. Logging could go directly to the Eclipse logger, dependencies like this cause large libraries (JDT) to have to be present just to use Common Navigator. Seems as though the CommonNavigator and the WorkbenchNavigator extension should really be weaned of such dependencies. I'd recommend that the two be refactored to function on just the Eclipse Platform runtime and not the full Eclipse SDK.

-Mark Diggory

Chuck Bridgham wrote:

The following classes have moved to internal.provisional

org.eclipse.wst.common.navigator.views -> org.eclipse.wst.common.navigator.internal.provisional.views
AdaptabilityUtility.java
CommonActivitiesUtilities.java
CommonNavigator.java
CommonNavigatorManager.java
CommonSorter.java
CommonViewer.java
ICommonActionProvider.java
ICommonDropActionDelegate.java
ICommonLabelProvider.java
ICommonMenuConstants.java
ICommonOpenListener.java
ILinkHelper.java
INavigatorContentExtension.java
INavigatorContentProvider.java
INavigatorExtensionFilter.java
NavigatorActionService.java
NavigatorContentService.java
NavigatorContentServiceContentProvider.java
NavigatorContentServiceLabelProvider.java
Priority.java

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)