Re: [wtp-dev] Validation API changes

Nice try, Vijay .... but since it won't compile on build machine, it needs some more work.

I think it won't compile because it creates a cyclic dependancy in different source folders, but I'd really recommend a different approach anyway. (having a public final static instance variable forces a load of the implementation class just by loading the interface and might be "inlined" in ways that would inhibit binary compatibility if that impl ever changed in future (I confess, I've had a tough time pinning down what's candidate for inline and what isn't ... just makes me nervous).

I'd recommend a separate factory *class* (public final, with private constructor) with a static method "getInstance" which would initialize (and load impl) when first requested (not when interface first used). And, of course, if you do that, there's a question if the "registry" interface is needed at all, but that's more of style thing I'll leave to you.

David

Vijay Bhadriraju/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/01/2005 12:42 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Validation API changes

David,

I have defined a static called instance on the IValidatorRegistry to get a ValidationRegistryReader instance. Thanks for pointing me at it.

Regards, Vijay
Vijay Bhadriraju
Rational Tools, J2EE Tooling
Ph: (919) 486-1898, T/L: 526-1898
Internet: vbhadrir@xxxxxxxxxx

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/31/2005 11:03 PM

Please respond to "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
bcc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Validation API changes

> ValidationPlugin
class has been made internal. A new interface IValidationRegistry has been created and the  api getValidator(String validatorUniqueId) has been moved to this interface

Vijay, how do we get an instance of an IValidationRegistry ... didn't seem to be a way that I could see (other than using another internal class ".....RegistryReader".