Re: [wtp-dev] Strange Dialog from dev.eclipse.org

Vijay,

You probably missed the note from webmaster.  I think that should explain what you're seeing.

Greetings committers,

As a result of the migration of the dev.eclipse.org server, you are
required to update your SSH known_hosts file. When you attempt to
connect to dev.eclipse.org, you will be warned of a possible attack.
Eclipse will also tell you where your known_hosts file is (in Windows,
typically in C:\Documents and Settings\yourid\ssh\known_hosts and
typically ~/.ssh/known_hosts on *nix systems).

Simply edit this file and remove the line that starts with
"dev.eclipse.org". After saving this file, close Eclipse and launch it
again. You should be able to connect.

If you are unable to establish a connection with dev.eclipse.org, you
may need to ask your systems administrator to allow outgoing ssh
connections to 206.191.52.50, dev.eclipse.org's new IP address.

If you have problems connecting, please let me know directly at
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Denis

Vijay Bhadriraju <vbhadrir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/27/2005 08:19 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Strange Dialog from dev.eclipse.org

I am seeing this strange dialog when trying to connect to dev.eclipse.org this evening. I was able connect fine on Friday. Has host name or something changed on the cvs server over the weekend that we need to react to connect to the repo ?

Thanks,

Regards, Vijay