Re: [wtp-dev] [action required] API Definition Plan

BTW, Brain, sqlscrapbook is ready to be put into cvs.

Best,
Igor Shabalov.

Brian Payton wrote:

The org.eclipse.wst.rdb.sqleditor plugin is being added for M4, but it's not quite ready for prime-time so we haven't added it to the build yet. I don't know why it's showing up in component.xml already.

When we add the sqleditor plugin we will also refactor the org.eclipse.wst.rdb.sqlscrapbook plugin so that it extends and specializes the more general sqleditor plugin.

Brian Payton
SQL Tools Development
IBM Silicon Valley Laboratory
(408) 463-2989, T/L 8-543-2989

wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/20/2005 11:15:54 AM:

> We have great progress on the API front. Preliminary results
> (preliminary means local build on my machine and eyeball-ing the
> result) show that we have a 40% reduction in untested APIs and a 60%
> reduction in incomplete javadocs (comparing to results from last
> week). Thanks for everyone's hard working in refining their
> component.xml files. It's now up to us to chip away at the
> untested/incomplete javadoc-ed APIs. Btw, these results will be
> available in the next build.
>
> Couples of issues that showed up.....
>
> 1. There are a few plugins that do not belong to any component.xml
> files. Would owners of the following plugins add them to a component?
>
> org.eclipse.jst.common.launcher.ant
>
> org.eclipse.wst.common.dependencychecker
>
> org.eclipse.wst.xml.uriresolver
>

> 2. There are a couple of plugins declared in a component.xml file,
> but they do not exist (at least in the build process). They do not
> affect the results, but it would be nice to clean it up.
>
> org.eclipse.wst.javascript.common.ui (declared in wst\org.eclipse.
> wst.javascript.core\component.xml)
>
> org.eclipse.wst.rdb.sqleditor (declared in wst\org.eclipse.wst.rdb.
> core\component.xml)
>

> Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeffrey Liu
> IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
> IBM Toronto Lab.
> 8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
> Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
> T/L: 969 3531
> Tel: (905) 413 3531
> Fax: (905) 413 4920