Re: Fw: [wtp-dev] [Fwd: Questions on creating a Apache Derby Server definition in WTP]

Hi Rajesh,
In the early days of the project I prepared a server definition file for the generic server tooling(jst.server.generic) which could start and stop a derby server, but I have not done anything for the publishing. If you are interested I can share that definition file and help you with the publishing stuff.

--
Gorkem Ercan

Timothy Deboer wrote:

Hi Rajesh,

The JBoss plugins are out of date and not part of WTP right now, so that explains why they are not compiling. If you have recent copies of the other plugins, they should compile fine.

The main server tools framework is in the WST server component. The best place to start is in the overview on the org.eclipse website, and the javadoc in org.eclipse.wst.server.core and org.eclipse.wst.server.ui. The extension points in these two plugins provide support for a new server type, as demonstrated by the Tomcat support.

The jst.server.generic plugins provide a simpler mechanism that can be extended only for Java servers. It allows the majority of the support to be done via an XML file instead of Java code. I'm not sure whether Derby will fit in these parameters, but you can check it out.

Once you have had a chance to get a feel for the support or play around with it, please feel free to send me specific questions, or arrange a meeting to that we can discuss.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

*Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM*

03/21/2005 10:14 AM

	Timothy Deboer/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Rajesh Kartha/Oakland/IBM@IBMUS
cc

Subject
Fw: [wtp-dev] [Fwd: Questions on creating a Apache Derby Server definition in WTP]

Tim,

Can you please help Rajesh? Thx.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/
----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 03/21/2005 10:13 AM -----
*Rajesh Kartha <kartha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/18/2005 12:16 AM
Please respond to
wtp-dev

	wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[wtp-dev] [Fwd: Questions on creating a Apache Derby Server definition in WTP]

----- Message from Rajesh Kartha <kartha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:50:38 -0800 -----
*Subject:*

Questions on creating a Apache Derby Server definition in WTP

Hello,

I work on the Apache Derby project (a 100% Java database) and am looking
into the option of adding a Derby Server definition into the WTP.

To look at existing server definitions, I checked out from the WTP (CVS
codeline) the JBoss and Tomcat ones based on the following tutorial.

http://www.eclipse.org//webtools/testtutorials/developingwtp/DevelopingWTP.html

into my environment today. But the following packages shows errors:

org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.serverdefinitions
org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.ui
org.eclipse.jst.server.jboss.core
org.eclipse.jst.server.jboss.ui
org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui
org.eclipse.jst.server.ui

- some classes not being found
   Example:
  The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot
  find the class file for org.eclipse.wst.server.core.ITaskModel.

- Illegal attributes in 'plugin.xml'

- unknow extension point
  Example:
 'org.eclipse.wst.server.core.serverConfigurationTypes'

...more

I did observe from the CVS (web interface) that some files have been
moved, I presume the above are related to that, is that correct or I am
missing some other plug-ins ?

I would also like to know:
- if there are any pointers to creating a server definition in WTP
- does all server definitions come under the org.eclipse.jst.server package.

Any other suggestions/comments, please do let me know.

Regards,
Rajesh

Back to the top