[wtp-dev] RE: Questions on creating a Apache Derby Server definition in WTP

If you got WTP1.0M3 as your target environment, you probably need to
checkout some older version from the CVS. The M3 occurred in the first
week of March. So, generally you want to switch it to the last tag from
end of Feb.

You might also want get the following plug-in from the cvs:
    org.eclipse.jst.server.core
    org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core

and from wst directory:
    org.eclipse.wst.server.core
    org.eclipse.wst.server.ui

I found that it is easier to start with the extension description (for
example: org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core -> plugin.xml -> Extensions
 -> Open extension point description)

Hope it help!

Thomas

http://www.eclipse.org//webtools/testtutorials/developingwtp/DevelopingW
TP
> .html
>
> into my environment today. But the following packages shows errors:
>
> org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.serverdefinitions
> org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.ui
> org.eclipse.jst.server.jboss.core
> org.eclipse.jst.server.jboss.ui
> org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui
> org.eclipse.jst.server.ui
>

> - some classes not being found
>     Example:
>    The project was not built since its build path is incomplete.
Cannot
>    find the class file for org.eclipse.wst.server.core.ITaskModel.
>
> - Illegal attributes in 'plugin.xml'
>
> - unknow extension point
>    Example:
>   'org.eclipse.wst.server.core.serverConfigurationTypes'
>
> ...more
>
> I did observe from the CVS (web interface) that some files have been
> moved, I presume the above are related to that, is that correct or I
am
> missing some other plug-ins ?
>
> I would also like to know:
> - if there are any pointers to creating a server definition in WTP
> - does all server definitions come under the org.eclipse.jst.server
> package.
>
> Any other suggestions/comments, please do let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh

Back to the top