Re: [wtp-dev] re-spinning I-build -- no joy

Some issue with build machine will require Naci or Ozgur to attend to it when they wake up:

Ant Error Message: C:\build-home\cruise\trigger.xml:148: The following error occurred while executing this line: C:\build-home\cruise\checkoutI.xml:6: Unable to delete file C:\build-home\cruise\checkout\wtp-I\org.eclipse.wtp.releng\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.root\.properties
Date of build: 03/18/2005 02:06:03
Time to build: 1 minute 43 seconds

I'll leave it to Naci to decide if there's a need to respin, or if we should go with what we have (but, I know in future, there will be more urgency to warm up to correct build and insure its correct by Thursday).
David

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2005 07:07 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] re-spinning I-build

I have kicked off another I-build, 7:00 PM EST to pick up this compile fix.

David

Jeffrey Liu <jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2005 05:20 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] First I-build failed to upload to eclipse

Chris's guess is correct. Adding jsse.jar to the bootclasspath seems to fix the problem, at least on a local build. The fix is committed to CVS. Does anyone want to spin another Integration build for this fix?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

Chris Brealey/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2005 02:25 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] First I-build failed to upload to eclipse

Folks,

the Web services explorer - org.eclipse.jst.ws.explorer - failed to compile in the I-build [1] since the compiler was unable to find javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.

Guess: org.eclipse.wtp.releng/buildAll.properties defines bootclasspath=C\:/dev/j2sdk1.4.2_07/jre/lib/rt.jar. The class javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory is in jre/lib/jsse.jar, not rt.jar. Would adding jsse.jar to the bootclasspath solve the problem? We're trying the experiment in a local build and hope to know the answer to that in a couple hours. If anyone needs the error cleared up faster than that, let me know. Tactically, I can always remove the WSExplorer's "offending" dependency on SSLSocketFactory and add it back some time later.

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/I-I20050317-200503171638/index.html

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920
Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2005 01:50 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] First I-build failed to upload to eclipse

Now that I have dined :-)  Should I change the build schedule for the  22:30 build (at most +1:30 hours to stay on Thursday).

Major test problems are at j2ee.core and tomcat tests-port problems- (they were fixed earlier so maybe just a tagging issue).  The new build server runs on duracell so I don't have to watch it .