[wtp-dev] WTP articles - expand and support the WTP community

Hi all,

Now that EclipseCon 2005 is behind us we need to refocus some of the energy that went into making EclipseCon so successful into expanding the WTP community. One way of expanding the WTP community is by authoring articles about WTP. There are many great publications that will accept article ideas such as,

Eclipse Corner - http://www.eclipse.org/articles/index.html
----------------------
Eclipse Corner, traditionally a source for articles that discuss extending the Eclipse platform, has recently started accepting articles focused on using Eclipse tooling. To submit an abstract for an article see http://www.eclipse.org/arg/index.html.

Dr. Dobb's Journal - http://www.ddj.com
----------------------------
Jonathan Erickson, editor in chief of Dr. Dobb's Journal, is currently working on an issue focused on development platforms and is soliciting articles about the Eclipse projects. Articles run 2,500 words (excluding code, figures). Jonathan says, "we have pretty well covered the generalities of 'how to write a plug-in' so specific plug-ins and how to use them would be of greater interest." Submit article abstracts to Jonathan directly at jerickson@xxxxxxx.

Java Developer's Journal - http://www.sys-con.com/java/
Java Developer's Journal is always looking for good Java development related articles. This journal has broad circulation and will provide great exposure for your article and the WTP project. Submit article abstracts through the page http://www.sys-con.com/java/authors/index.cfm.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any questions about authoring articles about WTP. Now get out there and start writing!

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top