Re: [wtp-dev] [Vote] Committer Status for Kathy Chan

+1 for Kathy

Kathy has helped the J2EE team integrate, especially with the issues of 3rd party jars, and the ever changing dependencies.  She also has contributed many bug fixes and development patches that has helped the webservices component become a reality in M3.

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

Chris Brealey <cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/25/2005 01:37 AM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] [Vote] Committer Status for Kathy Chan

I am writing to nominate Kathy Chan as a committer on the WTP project.

Kathy has been an active and invaluable contributor to the design, development, testing and roll-out of most facets of the Web services components for the WTP project and community. She wrote and assembled the Web service tutorials and the comprehensive Web service test plans available now on the Eclipse WTP Web site. She has been very active via Bugzilla and the mailing lists, helping to keep the community informed about the progress of Web services and to answer questions. She has opened many defects and enhancements against Web services and other components and has established a track record for rapidly furnishing quality patches.

Kathy has designed and implemented many of the features of the Web services tools, including the Apache Axis 1.1 extensions to the Web services platform. She has collaborated with the leads and contributors of other key components that Web services depends upon - such as J2EE, Server and XML tools - to help insure smooth integration of the components.

With her in-depth knowledge of the Web services standards and our Web services tools, I am confident Kathy would be a valuable member of the committer team as we design and deliver many exciting new features into the Web services platform.

Many thanks for your time,

Chris.

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Rational Studio Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

Back to the top