Re: [wtp-dev] RE: Committer Status for ...

Bjorn,

I think we do need to change the voting process. At present all committers are expected to vote because we have a fairly small number of committers. Now that BEA has joined, the number will soon double. We should start to divide CVS access according to components, and only require that committers within that component to vote for a new committer. For voting purposes, components will really be more like subsystems, not the granular components we have at present.

Committers within a component should be aware of the contributions, so I don't think it's necessary to provide a lot of supporting information. If you don't already know about the candidate then you shouldn't be voting.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx
intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Bjorn Freeman-Benson" <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/25/2005 12:43 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] RE: Committer Status for ...

I wonder if (for the future, no need to fix the past) when we nominate someone for committer we might include links to a couple of representative bugs they have fixed (the bugs should have the patches attached, so we can see the patches). Maybe a few newsgroup postings (we can link through the archives), that sort of thing. This way those of us who have not worked with the individual can get some sense of the technical abilities of the person being nominated.

Sound reasonable?

Back to the top