Re: [wtp-dev] slides for eclipseCon

For those of you who don't know what Craig is talking about, we're organizing a quick WTP overview to introduce everyone to what is in WTP and who the components/developers are. (not to be confused with the real overview session provided by Naci and Arthur on Wed)

Hi Craig,

Are you collecting the slides? Attached is my slide for server/internet, attempting to duplicate your style.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/23/2005 05:16 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] slides for eclipseCon

Team leads,

Here's my slide for eclipse con.  I've tried to organize things by component so we can run thru a list of our components and explain what each one is used for.  I've used the 'light' presentation template prescribed by eclipse [1].

[1] http://www.eclipsecon.org/logistics/EPL_Template_Light.ppt

I'm struggling to come up with a good ordering for our slides to transition relatively smoothly between components so it doesn't end up sounding like a laundry list.  Here's my crack at it ... just a suggestion.  Feel free to rearange.

intro give a general overview
rdb WTP introduces the concept of a database to eclispse
server
internet
WTP introduces the concept of a server to eclispse
servlet
ejb
now we've got servers and databases we can do j2ee stuff
web
j2ee

validation
here's some more j2ee support
jsp hey... jsp's are a cool part of j2ee
sse
html/css

xml
to edit j2ee artifacts (like web.xml and jsp's) we need some structured source editors
and xml editing
xsd
wsdl

ws-i
more support for xml development and all the stuff you need to create webservices artifacts
ws and ... we have support for the Java implementation of webservices
... and the rest just a slide to capture all of the more 'low level' bits that we probably mentioned during the other slides

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA