Re: [wtp-dev] Reminder: EclipseCon Code Camp Sign-up

Hi Lawrence,

I can do a couple slots - sign me up for Tuesday or Wednesday... anytime before 6pm?

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/22/2005 10:43 AM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Reminder: EclipseCon Code Camp Sign-up

The WTP project still needs volunteers to staff the EclipseCon Code Camp. The Code Camp is the forum for EclipseCon attendees to get help with Eclipse and the WTP. You do not need to be a WTP expert to staff the Code Camp but should have a good general knowledge of the WTP and be able to point people in the right direction to get help. (This will usually mean pointing them to the website or other times to attend the code camp.)

Thanks to everyone that has already responded. My original EclipseCon Code Camp e-mail can be found below.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM on 02/22/2005 10:32 AM -----
Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/14/2005 01:26 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] EclipseCon Code Camp Sign-up

One of the features of EclipseCon 2005 is an ongoing code camp. This code camp, which will start Monday night after the tutorials and run until the end of the conference, will be a chance for EclipseCon attendees to drop by and speak with Eclipse developers about problems they are having using and extending the Eclipse platform. Judging from the posts on the newsgroup and the private e-mails I've received, there are a lot of people trying the WTP that have questions. To help with the questions it will be beneficial to have WTP developers available at key times in the code camp room. Although not all of the questions will be WTP related, this is another opportunity for us to help the developer community and understand their frustrations.

I will coordinate our effort to ensure we have as consistent coverage as we can in the code camp throughout the conference. I've identified key times for which we should have someone available in the code camp room such as during lunch, during 30 minute breaks, and in the early evening. None of the times will cause anyone to miss any full event at EclipseCon. If you can help with the code camp please let me know (no need to respond to the whole group in this case) which times you can be available in the code camp room. Remember, you don't have to know everything about the project to help out.

Thanks for your help and participation.

Here are the key times that we need to staff.

Monday

------------

5:30-6:15pm

6:15-7:00pm

7:00-8:00pm

Tuesday

-------------

10:00-10:30am

11:15am-12:00pm

12:00-1:00pm

3:00-3:30pm

5:15-6:00pm

6:00-6:45pm

6:45-7:30pm

7:30-8:15pm

Wednesday

------------------

10:00-10:30am

11:15am-12:00pm

12:00-1:00pm

3:00-3:30pm

5:15-6:00pm

6:00-6:45pm

6:45-7:30pm

7:30-8:15pm

Thursday

10:00-10:30am

11:15am-12:00pm

12:00-1:00pm

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top