Re: [wtp-dev] JBoss or Jonas server instance on WTP Build machines

Chuck,

Here's a patch for setting up Jonas 4.3.2:

With this patch, the build will download and untar Jonas 4.3.2 to the test directory, similar to what we do for Tomcat. In your test plugins' test.xml, I suggest you pass in the location of Jonas as a system property, something like:

<property name="extraVMargs" value="-Dorg.eclipse.jst.server.jonas.432=${jonas432Dir}"/>

Please note that the Jonas driver that the scripts are downloading is a tar file (...there's no .zip image. Although it's also available in .exe, our build do not handle .exe). So, I'm not sure how well that works on Windows. Since the tar file has all the Windows specific staffs in it (ex. .bat files), it may just work. I'm not very familiar with Jonas myself, so I'll let you comment on this. If the jonas driver that the scripts downloads do not work on Windows, there's a way out. In test.properties, you can explicitly specify/override the location of Jonas by un-commenting the following line:

#jonas432Dir=

Be warn that this will override the location of Jonas for all junit tests. Let me know if you have any questoins.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/15/2005 11:15 AM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] JBoss or Jonas server instance on WTP Build machines

I recently talked to Tim Deboer regarding server instances available for our BVT Junit tests.

Tim has indicated we already have a Tomcat instance running on our build machines, but we now require

full J2EE app server support.   Could set this up?  I am volunteering to help with this.

Thanks -  Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)