[wtp-dev] Re: What's wrong with the builds?

There is one more difference.  I'll attempt to explain (I am not sure I understand it completely yet)

-The build is organized in a way that assumes the components that it needs has already been built i.e.  first wst, then wst-tests, then jst etc.
-The way buildworks is (see feature.xml) jst says that it depend on wst.  PDE build does not include the contents of a feature build in fetch scripts.  It only fetches the plugins of a feature (not the plugins of the feature it depends on).This means that if a feature is not build yet any feature that depends on it will fail to build.

My hyphothesis is the new jst code depends on some new plugins in wst, but these plugins are not required for any wst code yet not included in the wst feature.xml.  Therefore some jst features assume that they have been downloaded and build into wst but they are not.

I will test the build see if this is the case.