Re: [wtp-dev] WTP EclipseCon Project Sprint - call for participation

Yes, Lawrence, thanks for organizing. It'll be nice to meet and mingle with those interested in extending or building on
WTP. I'll propose a few "editing" topics I think would be of general interest to add-on providers.
My proposal would be to have each of these be "one slide long", just 10 minutes or so, more to
point people in the right direction and inform them of what's possible, rather than a full "how to". Then
we'll see what the interest is and where the discussions lead.

        Overview and philosophy and goals of WTP Editors - David

        example xml editor customized for cheat sheet editing - Jens

        How to create mulitpage editor with XML Source Page as the source page - Nitin

        validation and source page validation - ?Craig? and/or Amy

Note to add-on providers which follow this list:
you might also reply to this note with what you are interested in ...
not sure if that was explicit in Lawrence's note, but I'm sure was intended.

Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/10/2005 01:51 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] WTP EclipseCon Project Sprint - call for participation

Hello WTP developers,

The WTP project is hosting a Project Sprint at EclipseCon on Mon. Feb. 28, starting at 6:00pm. The Project Sprint will be an event for developers that want to extend the WTP.

Here's how the sprint will work. 20-30 minutes will be allotted to a topic, where a topic is something like 'Adding a server to the WTP' or 'Extending the Server Tooling'. A topic leader will introduce the topic and give a short overview of it, highlighting what's possible with this part of the WTP. The rest of the time will be an open discussion among the people in the room. The Project Sprint can go as long as we like and we will probably have room for 10-15 topics.

This event is a great opportunity to:

1. Give developers a chance to see what extensions are/will be available from the WTP.

2. Give WTP developers a chance to see how the community wants to extend the project.

3. Allow WTP developers to meet our customers and vice versa.

I encourage all of you to take this opportunity to showcase the excellent work you have been doing on the WTP API.

Please submit ideas for topics to me by Fri., Feb. 18.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software - XML Web Services Tooling
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top