[wtp-dev] wst.server API changes

Hi,

I have dropped a few API changes into the HEAD stream for wst & jst.server. I plan to move these changes to the I build stream on Wednesday night.

In wst.server:

1. The publishServer() and publishModule() methods in org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate now take additional parameters. The first parameter is the type of publish that has been requested, e.g. full or incremental. The second parameter (only on publishModule()) lets the delegate know if the module has just been added to the server, has changed since the last publish, or should be removed. The remove flag is new, so that change needs to be handled by the existing delegates. There are also two new methods that the delegate can use at any time to determine what was previously published to the server:

        // Returns all module resources that have been published to the server
        public IModuleResource[] getPublishedResources(IModule[] parents, IModule module)

        // Returns the delta between what was published the last time and the current state of the module
        public IModuleResourceDelta[] getPublishedResourceDelta(IModule[] parents, IModule module)

2. In org.eclipse.wst.server.core.IServer, the getModules() method no longer takes a progress monitor as a parameter. Returning the module will be immediate, because the list of modules that are being published is now handled by the server tools framework and not by the individual server implementation.

Likewise, the getModules() method has been removed from org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerDelegate. Delegates should remove their internal copies of the module list and can get the list at any time by calling getServer().getModules().

3. In org.eclipse.wst.server.core.IServer and org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerDelegate, the getParentModules() has been renamed to getRootModules() to be more accurate.

In jst.server:

4. In the org.eclipse.jst.server.core plugin, the org.eclipse.jst.server.j2ee package has been renamed to org.eclipse.jst.server.core.

Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx