Re: [wtp-dev] Example creation wizard

Hi Alex,

If there are similar things, specially in the same common component, they
probably should be combined.  Initially code in common.frameworks.internal
.ui came from J2EE component, so I have to get familiar with it first.
You are always welcome to submit a request describing your use case and a
proposal.  If you already have something developed, that you'd like to put
in WTP, you can also submit it as a patch with that request.

Best regards,

Ella

             Alexander
             Smirnoff
             <alexsmr@sympatic                                          To
             o.ca>                     wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             wtp-dev-admin@ecl
             ipse.org                                              Subject
                                       Re: [wtp-dev] Example creation
                                       wizard
             01/22/2005 04:30
             PM

             Please respond to
                  wtp-dev

Ella,

Thanks for reply. Do you have a plans to add/combine this functionality
with "wizards API" exposed in
org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.internal.ui package?

In Pollinate project we need an ability to import templates content in
final project by choosing the template during project creation
procedure. So I'm working right now on something similar to this
extension point you have. But I've strong feeling that it should be a
part of WTP maybe I should file a enhancement request bug?

Alex.

Ella Belisario wrote:

>Alex,
>
>below is the example of the extension in org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui plugin.
The
>wizard should be an extension of
>org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.wizards.ExampleProjectCreationWizard, which has
>page for specifying project name and location.  Now it's possible to
>customize that project name in terms of few attributes, such as project
>name, pagetitle, etc.,  and import project content and configuration from
>the source file into "dest" folder.
>
> <!-- configure the XMLSamples project wizard -->
>   <extension point=
>"org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.exampleProjectCreationWizard"
>         id="XMLExampleProjectCreationWizardExtension">
>         <wizard
>                  id=
>"org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard"
>                  banner="icons/newSampleProject_wizbanner.gif">
>                <projectsetup
>                        pagetitle=
>"%XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard.pagetitle"

name="%XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard.projectname"