Re: [wtp-dev] Example creation wizard

Ella,

Thanks for reply. Do you have a plans to add/combine this functionality with "wizards API" exposed in org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.internal.ui package?

In Pollinate project we need an ability to import templates content in final project by choosing the template during project creation procedure. So I'm working right now on something similar to this extension point you have. But I've strong feeling that it should be a part of WTP maybe I should file a enhancement request bug?

Alex.

Ella Belisario wrote:

Alex,

below is the example of the extension in org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui plugin. The
wizard should be an extension of
org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.wizards.ExampleProjectCreationWizard, which has a
page for specifying project name and location.  Now it's possible to
customize that project name in terms of few attributes, such as project
name, pagetitle, etc.,  and import project content and configuration from
the source file into "dest" folder.

<!-- configure the XMLSamples project wizard -->
  <extension point=
"org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.exampleProjectCreationWizard"
        id="XMLExampleProjectCreationWizardExtension">
        <wizard
                 id=
"org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard"
                 banner="icons/newSampleProject_wizbanner.gif">
               <projectsetup
                       pagetitle=
"%XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard.pagetitle"
                       name="%XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard.projectname"
                       label="%XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard.label"
                       pagedescription=
"%XMLExampleProjectCreationWizard.pagedescription"
                       open="readme.html">
                   <import
                         dest=""
                         src="examples/EditingAndValidatingXML.zip"/>
               </projectsetup>
           </wizard>
     </extension>

You could try to extend ExampleProjectCreationWizard by adding your own
pages (e.g. pages from J2EEModuleCreationWizard) and re-use code that gets
information from the extension point to configure those pages and perform
operation on finish.

Ella