Re: [wtp-dev] Comments on Eclipse Webtools Architecture Overview

Thanks Arthur, on the debug dependancy, I'd meant that only for WST subproject, but actually I will remove the remark altogether, since its academic.
I'll add the dependancy on WSVT, and list its "moving" as one of our issues to be resolved.

Thanks,

David

Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/11/2005 05:45 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Comments on Eclipse Webtools Architecture Overview

David,

I reviewed the latest version [1]. Thx for continuing to refine this. Here are my comments:

1. In the "Dependencies on the Eclipse Project" section, "Platform" paragraph - you say we might not need the debug component. However, JSP and servlet debugging are key capabilities. Doesn't that mean we need the debug component?

2. In the "Dependencies on Tools Projects" section, you should include the WSVT project. We are in the process of moving the WSVT project into WTP, but at present we depend on it.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/ArchitectureOverview.html

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077