[wtp-dev] Please Create Component Milestone Plans and Test Plans in CVS

All component leads should create Milestone and Test plans. These documents should be accessible via our Web site. However, since only a few people have WebDAV access, let's use CVS.

We already have CVS modules for the subproject Web sites: wtp-jst-home[1]  and wtp-wst-home[2].

I've set up wtp-wst-home to mirror the WST portion of the Web site. Naci - if you like this idea I'd be happy to set up wtp-jst-home too.

The CVS path /wtp-wst-home/www.eclipse.org/webtools/wtp mirrors the Web site http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst.

I've included the image and CSS files that we access from the root in CVS at /wtp-wst-home/www.eclipse.org/ so that relative URLs work correctly.

When you make updates, let me know and I'll promote your CVS content to WebDAV. Eventually this will be automatic.

As for the Milestone and Test plans and other component documents, I've created a folder /wtp-wst-home/www.eclipse.org/webtools/wtp/components which you can use for your component development documents. I've set up the server component as an example. The folder /wtp-wst-home/www.eclipse.org/webtools/wtp/components/server [3] is for the wst.server component. I've added skeletons, milestone_plan.xml and test_plan.xml and have linked them from the root components document /wtp-wst-home/www.eclipse.org/webtools/wtp/components.xml.

When you create a folder for your component, add links to your documents in the root components.xml document. I suggest you put all your component documentation in your folder here  to make it easy to find them.

Note that these files are xml. They actually contain well-formed HTML and use a stylesheet to achieve the Eclipse Web site look and feel.  Just copy the examples in the server folder to get the magic XSLT stylesheet invocation.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="">

There is also a magic <meta> tag in the <header>. That says where the root of the Web site is so that common Eclipse images and css can be accessed correctly:

<head>
  <title>the wst.server milestone plan</title>
</head>

Note the relative paths. You'll need to modify these if you put documents at a different level in the folder hierarachy.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/wtp-jst-home/?cvsroot=WebTools_Project
[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/wtp-wst-home/?cvsroot=WebTools_Project
[3] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/wtp-wst-home/www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components/server/?cvsroot=WebTools_Project

Arthur Ryman,