Re: [wtp-dev] Eclipse 3.1 and J2SE 1.5 (1.4 compatibility mode) support

David M Williams wrote:

Alexander, please open a feature request in bugzilla (wst.xml) so we can track and prioritize your request with
everything else.

I did notice the other day that we need to update our DOM implementation to DOM Level 3 Core for J2SE 5 support, and plan to add it to a milestone plan, but have not assessed the actual effort required.

As a project, we need to (re) assess our ability to support running on J2SE 5. I am curious though, what is it about Pollinate's code/function that requires this level of J2SE?

Pollinate provide Beehive framework in Eclipse. Most of their environment requirements for J2SE 1.5 are due to java annotation support.

May be it make sense to add general feature requests for J2SE5.0 1.4 compatability mode?

BTW, the use of enum as a variable name seem very isolated and easily fixed, feel free to
add a bugzilla (with patch?) for those as well.

David

Back to the top