[wtp-dev] J2EE UI plugin split information

Extended Team,

Just a point of clarification.

The org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ui plugin has been split up into several new plugins and the core "J2EEUI-ness" left as is.

The new plugins are:

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.ui - (this used to just contain extension points and yes, we know it should be org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui...baby steps...)
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca.ui
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.migration.ui
org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui

The servlet, jca, and ejb ui plugins now contain the corresponding import, export, and project creation functionality.
The migration ui contains the migration wizard classes.

We are recording a cookbook of the changes to package names and extension point ids for future reference.

If you have any questions or comments please direct them to Derek Holt or myself.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
Software Engineer, IBM Rational
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

"Wouldn't it be the best day if we all took time to breathe?"  - Of A Revolution
"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."   - Don Corleone, The Godfather

Back to the top