Re: [wtp-dev] Remote Debug of cgi-Scripts?

No, not with WTP "as is" (or as will be). The JSP debugging is made possible via the standard of JSR 45.
And, most of that support comes to us "for free" from the Eclipse debugging framework (and 1.4 JRE's, and
supporting servers).  Our primary contribution is to provide the right breakpoint annotation so its
"found" by base debugger framework.

CGI in particular, as far as I know, is not standards based, so would always be out of scope for WTP.

As far as "remote" is concerned, I'm pretty sure Eclipse debugging in general can be "remote" since
its socket based, but I have no idea how to set that up in practical terms. (And, I publically express
my ignorance here to help motivate those that do know to respond with more details or pointers :)

"LeO Welsch" <leo_zen@xxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/18/2004 07:28 AM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Remote Debug of cgi-Scripts?

Hello,

I see on the Server Tool page that jsp could be debugged. But nothing
mentioned about remote nor cgi-scripts.

Does anybody have an idea if this could be as well achieved?

:)

LeO

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl